- This event has passed.
Act Belong Commit – Swim into Winter
April 26 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
About the 6-Week Clinic
Kareena Preston will be coaching our latest Act Belong Commit program at Cockburn ARC specifically designed for our Couch to 2K graduates and other confident swimmers. The program aims to extend your existing swimming skills and improve your speed, technique and endurance.
The clinic will run once per week from Wednesday 26 April to Wednesday 31 May 2023. The sessions will be 7:00pm – 8:00pm at Cockburn ARC, 31 Veterans Parade, Cockburn Central WA 6164
In order to get the most out of the clinic, you must be able to:
- Attend all 6 sessions and complete at home activities as directed by the coach.
- Be able to swim at least 100m of freestyle stroke unassisted.
- Provide your own bathers, towel, goggles, fins, kick board, and water bottle. If you need to purchase equipment, please visit our Official Swimwear and Equipment Supplier SwimTek: https://swimtek.com.au/.
This clinic is suited to swimmers who can swim 100m or more of freestyle. You must know the basics of freestyle / general swimming strokes to participate. Please CONTACT US if you need help determining if this program is for you.
Session Times (need to attend all):
- Wednesday 26 April, 7:00pm-8:00pm
- Wednesday 3 May, 7:00pm-8:00pm
- Wednesday 10 May, 7:00pm-8:00pm
- Wednesday 17 May, 7:00pm-8:00pm
- Wednesday 24 May, 7:00pm-8:00pm
- Wednesday 31 May, 7:00pm-8:00pm
Regular pricing: $150
One ticket covers all 6 sessions. Pool entry fee not included.
REGISTER HERE: https://www.trybooking.com/CFTST
Who can attend:
- Any swimmer 18yrs + who has graduated from ‘Couch to 2K’ or is a confident swimmer over 100m+
- Able to swim 100m+ of freestyle with the view to increasing this over the 6 week program
We limit the capacity of the group to ensure you get the instruction and feedback you need to improve
- 1L water bottle
- Kickboard, pull buoy and short silicon fins
If you need to purchase equipment, please visit our Official Swimwear and Equipment Supplier – SwimTek! https://swimtek.com.au/
What do we do?
- We provide a safe, judgement free space for you to comfortably improve your swimming with a group of likeminded individuals.
- We introduce warmup exercises on deck each week to safely prepare you for swimming.
- We provide information on hydration and nutrition to assist you to get the most out of your sessions.
- We provide a steady, gradual build up of skills, drills and endurance sets to have you comfortably swimming more each week. This will focus on;
- Head and body positioning
- Feeling the water to propel you forward efficiently
- Correct kick mechanics
- Breathing efficiency
- Drills to improve stroke efficiency – a lot of our drills are done with fins on to assist you
Sessions cater to swimmers who are confident in the water with all aspects of their freestyle and can comfortably swim 100m or more without stopping.
What do we NOT do?
- The sessions will challenge you but we will not push you to do something you are not ready to do.
- Encouragement and information is key so you can choose what you want to do.
- We do not do lots of other strokes. We focus on freestyle first and foremost. We will introduce other strokes if there is time and the desire from the swimmers. No one is forced into doing anything they do not wish to do.