Couch to 2k Cannington – Ladies Only Swim Clinic
August 5 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
All members and general public aged 18+ Welcome
Kareena Preston will be coaching the WOMENS ONLY 4 week Live Lighter Couch to 2k Clinic in collaboration with Swim Sisters Perth that aims to help you be more confident in the water and improve your technique and endurance. This particular clinic is best suited to women who are fairly new to swimming, but who already know the very basics and can swim at least 10-15m unassisted in waist deep water.
The Thursday night 1 hour sessions will be 6.30PM-7.30PM at Cannington Leisureplex, Wharf St &, Sevenoaks St, Cannington, WA 6107
An early bird discount is available until 19th July using the code EARLYBIRD. See costs below.
In order to get the most out of the clinic, you must be able to:
- Attend all 4 sessions and complete at home activities as directed by the coach.
- Be able to swim at least 10-15m of basic strokes unassisted.
- Provide your own bathers, towel, goggles and water bottle
Please reach out if you need help determining if this program is for you.
Session Times (need to attend all):
- Thurs 5th August 2021 – 6.30pm-7.30pm
- Thurs 12th August 2021 – 6.30pm-7.30pm
- Thurs 19th August 2021 – 6.30pm-7.30pm
- Thurs 26th August 2021 – 6.30pm-7.30pm
Early bird (until 10pm on 19th July): $80. Use code at checkout: EARLYBIRD
Regular pricing (after 10pm on 26th May): $100
One ticket covers all 4 sessions.
Who can attend:
- Any ladies 18yrs +
- Able to swim 25m of freestyle (or 10-15m for Swim Sisters events)
- We limit the capacity of the group to ensure you get the instruction and feedback you need to improve
- 1L water bottle
- Kickboard and fins (long or short fins are fine but if you are purchasing new fins go for short silicon fins)
What do we do?
- We provide a safe, judgement free space for you to comfortably improve your swimming with a group of likeminded individuals.
- We introduce gentle warmup exercises on deck each week to safely prepare you for swimming.
- We provide information on hydration and nutrition to assist you to get the most out of your sessions.
We provide a steady, gradual build up of skills and drills to efficiently and effectively have you comfortably swimming a lap or more of the pool in freestyle. This will focus on;
- Head and body positioning
- Feeling the water to propel you forward efficiently
- Correct kick mechanics
- Breathing techniques
- Drills to improve stroke efficiency – a lot of our drills are done with fins on to assist you
Sessions are adjusted to cater for swimmers who are just learning to swim their first laps up to more confident swimmers who are wanting to challenge themselves more towards a 2km session by the end of the 4 weeks.
What do we NOT do?
- The sessions do not extend more than 2km on the final week. Some swimmers many not make it to this distance, depending on their starting point and their progression.
- We do not push swimmers beyond what they are comfortably prepared to do. Encouragement and information is key so you can choose what you want to do.
- We do not do lots of other strokes. We focus on freestyle first and foremost. We will introduce other strokes if there is time and the desire from the swimmers. No one is forced into doing anything they do not wish to do.