LiveLighter Considerations of the Masters Athlete
November 3 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Health and Injury considerations as we age for Masters Athletes.
Dr Sacha Fulton is an Accredited Sport Scientist, Athlete Preparation Specialist and owner of ‘Peak Preparation’. Peak Preparation is a Sport Science consulting business for sub elite and elite athletes in Perth and provides education, training and consultation to individuals, schools, sporting teams, clubs and organisation and to businesses. Dr Fulton secured a sports-based PhD scholarship in 2005 with the Australian Institute of Sport, Swimming Australia and the University of the Sunshine Coast. Dr Fulton worked with the Paralympic Swimming team until 2013, accompanying them to the Beijing Paralympic Games in 2008 and the London Paralympic Games in 2012. Dr Fulton then worked at the WA Institute of Sport until 2018, assisting in the athletic improvement of Olympic and aspiring Olympic hopefuls and worked with Olympic swimmers for almost 10 years. Dr Fulton is a keen athlete herself having completed 8 IM triathlons and 5 Rottnest Channel Crossings and has travelled the world extensively.
‘Considerations of the Masters Athlete’
- Leading motivations of Masters Athletes
- Leading causes of health loss in the Masters population
- Age-related declines in performance for Masters Athletes
- Injury profiles and medical conditions in Masters Athletes
- Top training tips for Masters Athletes to increase performance and reduce the risk of injury
To register please click on this link.