LiveLighter Couch to 2k – Carine
REGISTER HERE: https://www.trybooking.com/BXFGZ
About the 4-Week Clinic
In collaboration with Carine Masters Swimming Club, Kareena Preston will be coaching the LiveLighter Couch to 2k at Craigie Leisure Centre that aims to help you be more confident in the water and improve your technique and endurance.
The clinic will run once per week from 02 March – 23 March 2022. The Wednesday night 1 hour sessions will be held 7:00pm – 8:00pm at Craigie Leisure Centre, 751 Whitfords Ave, Craigie Western Australia 6025.
An early bird discount of $20 is available until 20 February 2022. See costs below.
In order to get the most out of the clinic, you must be able to:
- Attend all 4 sessions and complete at home activities as directed by the coach.
- Be able to swim at least 25m of basic strokes unassisted.
- Provide your own bathers, towel, goggles, fins, kick board, and water bottle
This clinic is suited to swimmers of all abilities. You must know the basics of freestyle / general swimming strokes to participate. Please reach out if you need help determining if this program is for you.
Session Times (need to attend all):
- Wednesday 02 March 2022, 7:00pm – 8:00pm
- Wednesday 09 March 2022, 7:00pm – 8:00pm
- Wednesday 16 March 2022, 7:00pm – 8:00pm
- Wednesday 23 March 2022, 7:00pm – 8:00pm
Early bird (until 20 February 2022 ): $80
Regular pricing (20 February 2022 onwards): $100
One ticket covers all 4 sessions.
REGISTER HERE: www.trybooking.com/BXFGZ
Who can attend:
- Any swimmer 18yrs +
- Able to swim 25m of freestyle unassisted
We limit the capacity of the group to ensure you get the instruction and feedback you need to improve
- 1L water bottle
- Kickboard and fins (long or short fins are fine but if you are purchasing new fins go for short silicon fins)
What do we do?
- We provide a safe, judgement free space for you to comfortably improve your swimming with a group of likeminded individuals.
- We introduce gentle warmup exercises on deck each week to safely prepare you for swimming.
- We provide information on hydration and nutrition to assist you to get the most out of your sessions.
- We provide a steady, gradual build up of skills and drills to efficiently and effectively have you comfortably swimming a lap or more of the pool in freestyle. This will focus on;
- Head and body positioning
- Feeling the water to propel you forward efficiently
- Correct kick mechanics
- Breathing techniques
- Drills to improve stroke efficiency – a lot of our drills are done with fins on to assist you
Sessions are adjusted to cater for swimmers who are just learning to swim their first laps up to more confident swimmers who are wanting to challenge themselves more towards a 2km session by the end of the 4 weeks.
What do we NOT do?
- The sessions do not extend more than 2km on the final week. Some swimmers many not make it to this distance, depending on their starting point and their progression.
- We do not push swimmers beyond what they are comfortably prepared to do. Encouragement and information is key so you can choose what you want to do.
- We do not do lots of other strokes. We focus on freestyle first and foremost. We will introduce other strokes if there is time and the desire from the swimmers. No one is forced into doing anything they do not wish to do.