How to Join
If you are looking to join a Masters Swimming Club, the first step is to find a club near you that you would like to join. We recommend having a look at their website and social media to see the kinds of events and training that they offer.
Once you have settled on a club, it is time to join! Head over to the Masters Swimming Australia website to register.
We also recommend signing up to our monthly newsletter to keep up to date with all of the Masters Swimming WA events and news.
There are many benefits of joining a Masters Swimming Club, no matter your age or ability!
All Masters Swimming WA clubs promote fitness through:
- Regular coached training sessions
- Endurance swims
- Individual guidance and stroke correction
- Expert support and advice
- Pathways to support your swimming goals such as participating in the Rottnest Channel Swim or Port to Pub
Masters Swimming clubs offer a vast array of social activities, which are just as important as the swimming! It’s a great way to socialise and build life-long friendships. Club social activities include:
- Coffee or drinks after training
- Supper nights
- Interclub social activities and functions
- Holiday opportunities around the state, nationally or abroad
All clubs offer fun activities at different levels. If is often a collection of fun drills followed by after training social activities, or even weekends away together that may incorporate a swim meet or open water swimming event.
You can even plan your holidays around events, which allows you to continue keeping fit and enjoy yourself at the same time.
The individual registration fee is made up of the state, national and a club fee, which means that you have a three-tiered system of support. Club fees vary from club to club.
MSWA offers 3 types of subscriptions:
6 months: 1 July 2020 – 31 December 2020
16 months: 1 September 2020 – 31 December 2021
12 months: 1 January 2020 – 31 December 2020
For more information please visit the Masters Swimming Australia website.
- Public Liability & Personal Accident Insurance (swimmers, officials, coaches, MSWA volunteers, guest swimmers for 4 weeks)
- Participation in MSA programs:
1. Endurance 1000
2. Vorgee Million Metre Program
- Coaching and technical officiating opportunities
- Access to coaching, training and technique correction opportunities
- Access to coaching clinics
- State and national safety standards
- Certificates and awards for MSWA Programs
- Certificates for MSWA Records
- Medals and Trophies at State Championships
- New Members’ Packs
- Promotional material for clubs: flyers, posters
- Website, newsletters and social media access
- Verification of state, national and world records
- Management of results of club and state swim meets
- Competing at sanctioned inter-club, state, national and international swim meets and championships
- Access to the Results Portal on the MSA website
- Quality assurance for events
- State governance and Policy Management
- Member of MSA – Masters Swimming Australia
- Affiliated with FINA
- Member of an affiliated club