About the 4-Week Clinic
Kareena Preston will be coaching another Act Belong Commit Couch to 2k clinic at the University of WA that aims to help you be more confident in the water and improve your technique and endurance. The clinic will run once per week from Monday 26 June to Monday 17 July 2023. The evening sessions will be 6:50pm – 8.00pm at UWA Aquatic Centre, 37 Parkway, Crawley 6009. An early bird discount of $20 is available until 29 May 2023. See costs below. In order to get the most out of the clinic, you must be able to:
- Attend all 4 sessions and complete at home activities as directed by the coach.
- Be able to swim at least 25m of freestyle with breathing, unassisted.
- Provide your own bathers, towel, goggles, fins, kick board, and water bottle. If you need to purchase equipment, please visit our Official Swimwear and Equipment Supplier SwimTek: https://swimtek.com.au/.
This clinic is suited to swimmers of all abilities. You must know the basics of freestyle and be able to swim at least 25m unassisted to participate. Please reach out if you need help determining if this program is for you.
Session Times (need to attend all):
- Monday 26 June 2023, 6:50pm-8:00pm
- Monday 3 July 2023, 6:50pm-8:00pm
- Monday 10 July 2023, 6:50pm-8:00pm
- Monday 17 July 2023, 6:50pm-8:00pm
Early bird (until 29 May 2023): $120 Regular pricing (30 May 2023 onwards): $140 One ticket covers all 4 sessions. Pool entry fee included. REGISTER HERE: www.trybooking.com/CIFUP
Who can attend:
- Any swimmer 18yrs +
- Able to swim 25m of freestyle unassisted
- Water bottle
- Kickboard, pull buoy and short silicon fins
If you need to purchase equipment, please visit our Official Swimwear and Equipment Supplier – SwimTek! https://swimtek.com.au/ What do we do?
- We provide a safe, judgement free space for you to comfortably improve your swimming with a group of likeminded individuals.
- We introduce warmup exercises on deck each week to safely prepare you for swimming.
- We provide information on hydration and nutrition to assist you to get the most out of your sessions.
- We provide a steady, gradual build up of skills, drills and endurance sets to have you comfortably swimming more each week. This will focus on;
- Head and body positioning
- Feeling the water to propel you forward efficiently
- Correct kick mechanics
- Breathing efficiency
- Drills to improve stroke efficiency – a lot of our drills are done with fins on to assist you
Sessions cater to swimmers who are confident in the water with all aspects of their freestyle and can comfortably swim 100m or more without stopping. What do we NOT do?
- The sessions will challenge you but we will not push you to do something you are not ready to do.
- Encouragement and information is key so you can choose what you want to do.
- We do not do lots of other strokes. We focus on freestyle first and foremost. We will introduce other strokes if there is time and the desire from the swimmers. No one is forced into doing anything they do not wish to do.